Equibliss is a Shiatsu and Equine Shiatsu/CranioSacral Therapy practice setup up by Kate Granger in 2005, based in the St Albans area of Hertfordshire.
Shiatsu is available for both people and horses,and in addition Kate is qualified and fully insured to practice Equine Craniosacral Therapy ,Cold Laser and Equine Laser Acupuncture.
What is Shiatsu?
Shiatsu is a Japanese bodywork therapy (akin to physiotherapy) that works not only on physical, but also mental and emotional levels. It is a safe and gentle form of remedial treament based on the meridians and points of acupuncture, but is completely non-invasive. During a treatment gentle pressure is applied using the practitioner’s fingers, thumbs, palms, and sometimes elbows, knees and feet. The aim is to produce a change in the energy of the meridians or acupressure points. Additionally it uses stretches and joint manipulations to release and strengthen the muscular and energetic body. These techniques combine to promote well-being, improved movement and help the body feel calmer, rejuvenated and energised.
- A wonderful therapy for promoting relaxation and alleviating the build-up of stress.
- A deeply relaxing experience that can help to calm the mind and effectively release muscular tension.
- A therapy that works on the complete being – each client is treated as an individual rather than as a set of symptoms.
- A treatment that focuses on the individual’s vitality and innate healing power.
- An effective technique in the alleviation of physical and psychological stress, which in turn promotes good health.
- A therapy that boosts energy levels by releasing blockages in energy circulation, preventing energetic imbalances from developing into symptoms of illness.
A regular Shiatsu treatment can make a real difference to an individual’s quality of life, physically, mentally and emotionally, be they horse or human.