Equibliss is a Shiatsu and Equine Shiatsu/CranioSacral Therapy practice setup up by Kate Granger in 2005, based in the St Albans area of Hertfordshire.
Kate is qualified and fully insured to practice Shiatsu including ShinTai, Equine Shiatsu, Equine Craniosacral Therapy, Cold Laser and Equine Laser Acupuncture.
What is Shiatsu?
Shiatsu is a hands-on Japanese Bodywork Therapy (akin to physiotherapy) that works not only on the physical body, but also mental and emotional levels. It is a safe and gentle form of remedial treatment based on the meridians and points of acupuncture but is completely non-invasive. During treatment, gentle pressure is applied using the practitioner’s fingers, thumbs, palms, and sometimes elbows, knees and feet. The aim is to produce a change in the energy of the meridians or acupressure points. Additionally, it uses stretches and joint manipulations to release and strengthen the muscular and energetic body. These techniques combine to promote well-being, improved movement and help the body feel calmer, rejuvenated and energised.
Shiatsu benefits include
- improved energy & vitality
- pain relief
- a treatment that focuses on the individual’s vitality and innate healing power.
- an effective technique in the alleviation of physical and psychological stress, which in turn promotes good health.
- improved joint mobility – back, neck, shoulder, hip, ….
- improved digestion, immunity, reproductive and menstrual health
- a therapy that works on the complete being – each client is treated as an individual rather than as a set of symptoms.
- support during pregnancy and menopause
- support during life changes
- enthusiasm for life, increased creativity and motivation
Shiatsu does not replace medical/veterinary care but is intended to support the healing process. If you have health concerns, please consult your GP or Vet.